Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Home with Dark Room

My Mom likes to tell the story of one of the times she and Dad were looking for a house to buy (there were many times, since my Dad was in the Air Force, and moved frequently). Their agent had set up an appointment for them to view a home that was occupied. For some reason, the agent could not make it, but the tenant (I assume--I hope the owner/seller would not actually do this) would be there to let them in and show them around. 

When my parents showed up, they were let into the house by a woman who promptly returned to watching TV with her adult son, in the living room, with lights off and blinds drawn. I think my parents glanced at the bedrooms, but were too shocked to even ask to turn on a light to see the living room. They soon left and still have no idea what that home looked like.

Here's a dark room for you:

Shots like this always make me wonder if maybe the photographer knows that it would be even worse with the lights on!

No comments:

Post a Comment